The United States Senate is expected to pass a $1 Trillion infrastructure bill this week. Among many other initiatives, here’s what’s in the bill:
- $110 billion for roads and bridges
- $73 billion to modernize the nation’s energy grid
- $66 billion for rail and Amtrak
- $65 billion for broadband expansion
- $55 billion to improve the country’s drinking water
- $39 billion for transit
Finally, money well-spent. I’m sure there are little items that Senators snuck in the bill that make absolutely no sense, but covering these six items is a really big deal. I look forward to following the money trail to understand the upgrades in more detail.