I am an advisor to organizations on Digital Strategies, and a National Speaker on leadership, planning, and decision-making.
I am the Fractional Chief Marketing & Innovation Officer for Ghent Eats, LLC in Norfolk Virginia, the parent company of three multi-million-dollar restaurants.
I was the Fractional Chief Marketing & Innovation Officer for Prime Eats, LLC in Norfolk & Portsmouth Virginia, the parent company of four multi-million-dollar restaurants. I was Chief Executive Officer & Strategy Chief of JASE Group LLC, an innovative Creative Advertising & Technology Agency, a company I founded in 1997 and successfully sold in 2018, and a company that guided many clients through million-dollar growth increments. I was Chief Information Officer for Stratum Marketing, and Deputy Chief Technology Officer for The AUTOMARK Group.
I am the Virginia Governor’s Appointed Commissioner to the Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads (Hampton Roads Transit’s Governing Board), serve on the Board of Managers of the Cosmopolitan Club of Norfolk Virginia, and serve on the Board of Directors of Transit Management Company. In the past, I served on the International Board of Directors for Cosmopolitan International, and on the Board of Directors for Hampton Roads Public Transportation Alliance.
Having served in leadership roles for over 20 years, I am a self-motivated leader in company operations and all aspects of the business vision. I have in-depth experience in developing strategies for clients and scoping projects in software development, innovative technologies, marketing, and advertising. I am a successful leader in growth strategy engagements, project planning & management, budget establishment & oversight, and software development lifecycle management. I have proven experience and skill in working with business units to translate requirements and guide development into successful programs.
Related Areas of Experience
Business / Strategy / Leadership
- Working directly as a peer with the President, Vice President, C-level Officers, and business owner clients
- Leading the analysis of information, researching data, and communicating succinctly and intelligently
- Crafting successful solutions and garnering commitment for ongoing strategies
- Directing sales and business development strategy and implementation
- Leading the development of strategic planning and direction, including successfully managing a complex book of business
- Leading internal teams of all disciplines including, but not limited to, creative, finance, marketing, project management, and technology
- Through daily leadership, having strong analytical and interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence and negotiate complex situations
Marketing / Advertising / Communications
- Developing budgets for marketing, advertising, and communications initiatives
- Leading data-driven market intelligence initiatives through identification, outline, research, and analysis
- Developing and managing marketing plans and strategies, and overseeing team implementation
- Planning and managing advertising campaigns with the creative and tech teams with implementation across a variety of industries
- Developing and overseeing implementation of local and national public relations, media relations, communications programs, and community events
- Guiding the design, development, and maintenance of websites with the purpose of brand identity/exposure, lead generation, and communications tool
- Leading the development of social media marketing campaigns guided by market research and driven by smart technology
- Leading market research for service and product launches, marketing, and brand initiatives
- Leading the analysis of specific marketing activities that exposes the dynamic brand components of the organization
- Experience on the HubSpot, Marketo, and Salesforce marketing automation platforms.
Technology / Software
- Leading business solution design through a broad understanding of software and data capabilities
- Understanding business needs and able to design software solutions to meet client goals
- Leading teams of developers through a high-level understanding of various software stacks and relational database management systems
- Advising on and crafting business solutions with an extensive understanding of today’s technologies & tools and their capabilities
- Extensive project managing through the process of scoping, budgeting, staffing, development, testing, and program delivery in accordance with contractual requirements
- In rising through the ranks on the way to becoming a software architect, developed business solutions in VB.NET, C#, and T-SQL, PL/SQL (8+ years).