Effective date: September 21, 1963
Last updated: January 01, 2023
We are committed to ensuring that our communications are accessible to people with disabilities. To make accessibility-related requests, please contact us in writing at Keith Parnell :: Digital Marketing Consultant, 8343 Highland St, Norfolk, VA 23518.
Information We Collect
- Personal information provided by you (such as via a resume uploaded to our Sites or a job application sent using our Sites) or collected from third-party sources as described below. Publicly available data about you from third-party sites and sources, including profiles created by you on other websites, or other information you have publicly shared for the purpose of advertising or informing others about your background.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Sites.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name, and billing address) if you buy products on our Sites.
- Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education, and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender, and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume, or in the manner described below.
- Job position behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Sites.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- Technical information about your use of our Sites, as described below.
We have obtained and may continue to obtain information about you from various sources, including directly from you via our Sites, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests, or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners, and other third parties, as well as from publicly available information.
Many people invest significant time and energy to promote their professional reputation through public forums on the Internet. We gather information relevant to your career history and work experience from these widely dispersed publicly available sources, including social media sites you may be part of, forming a “Profile.” We make this Profile available to independent and company-specific employers. Although we may generate a Profile about you based on publicly available information even if you do not have a KPDMC account, we also will include the information that you provide to us via your KPDMC account. If you would prefer that we not compile and make this information available to employers, you can delete your KPDMC account at any time.
KPDMC provides Sites (including mobile apps) available to the public. If you decide to download one of our Sites, and if you authorize us to do so, we will collect your social media profile information, including your social network site user ID, email address, name, city, state, social network site profile image URL, and employment history, including job titles and company names. You may be asked to enter this information directly, or we can automatically collect it by syncing to your social media profiles. We request this information so that we may automate completion of registration forms or job positions with information stored in your social media profile. In addition, when you visit our Sites or use our mobile apps, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons or as provided to the app by your device’s operating system, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect automatically via the Sites can include:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type, and other operating system support information).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, site navigation patterns and app view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Sites.
Note that your personal information may also be automatically collected, and used, as described in the “Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third-Party Advertisers” section below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage, and maintain your account on the Sites.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Maintain your Profile and make it available to employers through our products and services as described below in “Information We Share.”
- Supplement your Profile with publicly available information.
- Process, validate, and deliver your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
- Maintain a record of the apps you view or interact with on our Sites.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks, and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have been sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Sites, mobile applications, and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Sites.
- Analyze trends and statistics about the job market and career mobility in local economies and nationally, and provide these analytics to customers of certain KPDMC products and services.
- Optimize our site search engine results and permit search engine access to public Profile information.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
We also use certain technical information about your computer or other device and your access of the Sites (including your internet protocol address) to operate, maintain, and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
Information We Share
We provide a platform that allows other members and third parties to see user profiles. Our platform gives access to those profiles or creates other profiles based on platform profiles and other information from third parties or publicly available sources that we may in turn sell to third parties as part of our products and services. This section of our policy describes the various ways in which we may share your personal information.
All users should be aware that when they choose to display or distribute personal information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public resume) via the Sites or any other distribution method, that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. We also may share personal information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers are required by contract or law to only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law. Where we have knowledge that a service provider or partner is using or disclosing personal information in a manner inconsistent with this Policy, KPDMC will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such improper use and/or disclosure.
KPDMC preserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any personal information about you or your use of Sites if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of KPDMC, employees, other users of the Sites, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of the Sites; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose personal information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
In addition, personal information we have collected may be passed on to a third-party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of KPDMC.
We may combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data, or otherwise anonymized or de-identified data about our users and use such data to prepare reports for our users. “Aggregate Data” for our purposes is demographic information (such as zip code, age, gender, race, or ethnicity) and employment information (such as occupation, education, and experience) of many individuals that is combined. Aggregate Data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. We may also use and share anonymized or de-identified data to track trends in the labor market as well as use of our products and services. Some Aggregate Data analytics reports can be used to better understand individual profiles.
We also use third-party analytics services to help better understand the use of our sites, which is further described in the Cookies section below.
Privacy Options for Resume Database
When you post your resume, we automatically create a registration for you using the email address and password that you supply. When you return to the Sites in the future you will use that same email address and password to access and edit your existing resume.
- Standard Posting on the Searchable Database. When you post your resume to the Sites, it will automatically be visible to employers unless you opt out of this default option and make your resume private (described in privacy level 2 below). The standard posting option gives you the most visibility to the broadest employer audience possible by making your resume searchable in our resume database. If you select this option, any registered company user who purchases access to the database can view your resume and contact details (to the extent you include them in your resume).
- Private Posting. Private posting prevents your resume from being searchable by employers in the KPDMC resume database.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable databases to legitimate users but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to these searchable databases. While we limit access and use of information from our products and services in our Terms and Conditions, we cannot control the use of information by third parties once they obtain that information from our products and services or other publicly available sources. Accordingly, you should not put information you would not want made public in your resume or to a public website – regardless of whether you elect a standard posting or a private posting.
Review, Update, or Delete Your Account Information or Profile
KPDMC takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is reliable for its intended use; as well as being current, accurate, and complete. However, information is collected from a variety of sources, and cannot be guaranteed to be current, accurate, or complete, and, we are not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of information whose source KPDMC does not control. As part of our efforts to maintain personal information, which is reasonably accurate, current, and complete, we need your help. You can update your profile directly on our Sites. If you know that your personal information which you have provided to us is no longer accurate or complete, and you cannot update or correct the data via the Sites, please let us know by contacting us via the point of contact described below.
You may access, update, and amend personal information included in your online KPDMC account or remove your resume from our resume database at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes. You may also delete your account, including your personal information and any resumes, from our resume database at any time by logging in to your account and making an account deletion request.
You may also request a copy of your profile to review by contacting us in writing at Keith Parnell :: Digital Marketing Consultant, 8343 Highland St, Norfolk, VA 23518. Please note that when you request the deletion of your Profile, we will use the email address you provide in the opt-out process to match you to your Profile. Therefore, you will need to submit your request using the email address listed on your Profile or we will not be able to complete your request.
Please allow up to forty-five days to process your account or Profile deletion request.
Message Center Communications and Preferences
Your account has a KPDMC Message Center. If you have made your resume public so that employers can reach out to you, they can use the Message Center to send you messages – and you can use the Message Center to respond through a private proxy message without disclosing your personal email address. However, if you have previously provided your contact information, or you provide your email or phone number on your resume, employers can continue to reach out to you directly. The Message Center provides you options to opt-out of future communications from certain senders, which will prevent them from using the Message Center to reach out to you. The Message Center communication preferences will not, however, impact communications from employers or other third parties outside of KPDMC’s Message Center.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third-Party Advertisers
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a Web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a website or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the email.
We use third-party advertising companies who may place or access cookies on your computer hard drive to distinguish your web browser uniquely and to keep track of information relating to serving ads on your web browser, such as the type of ads shown and the web pages on which the ads appeared. These companies may use information about your visits to these Sites and to other sites to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Sites or on other third-party sites. We also may give third-party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Sites using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and KPDMC encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies. KPDMC does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third-party advertisers.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These external sites may be operated by companies not owned by KPDMC. These external sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by KPDMC, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
KPDMC maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical policies, procedures and safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission, storage or processing of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain private or secure.
As a user of the Sites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Sites, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Sites.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your KPDMC account username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Sites. Please note that we will never ask for your KPDMC account username or password via email.
Important Tips When Dealing With Employers
You should use your own careful judgment about whether and what information to provide to employers.
DO NOT PUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION, such as your Social Security Number, on your resume.
If restricted or prohibited by the local laws in the jurisdiction where you reside, do not provide KPDMC, or otherwise include in your resumes or profiles, other sensitive information that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sex life, genetic or biometric data, the commission of criminal offences or proceedings or unlawful or objectionable conduct and associated penalties or fines.
The KPDMC Sites are open to the public, and we cannot guarantee that all users of our services have a legitimate need to the information they seek.
Do not provide your Social Security Number, national identification number or any state, provincial, or other local identification number to any third-party via an online application. Identity thieves may attempt to trick you into providing sensitive information. Do not provide any non-work-related personal information (i.e., your Social Security Number or any other state or national identification number, eye color, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online.
Users should never provide credit card or bank numbers or engage in a monetary transaction of any sort.
Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country.
We use secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology to protect credit card transactions. The SSL technology encrypts credit card numbers while in transit so that they are not intercepted by unintended third-parties.
Your Right to Request The Deletion of Personal Information
Upon your request, we will delete the personal information we have collected about you, unless the law allows us to retain it. For example, we will not delete when the information is necessary for us to: provide you with a product or service that you requested; perform a contract we entered into with you; maintain the functionality or security of our systems; comply with or exercise rights provided by the law; or use the information internally in ways that are compatible with the context in which you provided the information to us, or that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
To exercise your right to request the deletion of your personal information, please notify us in writing with signature, current and accurate contact information, and account verification at Keith Parnell :: Digital Marketing Consultant, 8343 Highland St, Norfolk, VA 23518.
Your Right to Ask Us Not to Sell Your Personal Information
California and Nevada residents have the right to tell us not to sell your personal information. You can exercise this right by notifying us in writing with signature, current and accurate contact information, and account verification at Keith Parnell :: Digital Marketing Consultant, 8343 Highland St, Norfolk, VA 23518. This process will allow you to exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information under applicable law, and provide the mechanism for you to submit certain personal information we will use to verify your identity and the validity of your request.
Once we receive and authenticate your request that we not sell your personal information, we will discontinue selling it unless you subsequently expressly authorize us to do so. We may ask for your permission to resume sale of your personal information at a later date.
Our Support for the Exercise of Your Data Rights
Additional Facts About How We Share Your Personal Information
We may also share personal information with third-parties to comply with legal obligations; when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities or other third-parties conducting an investigation; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our business, third-parties, visitors to our Sites, or the public. We may also share personal information with any person to whom we transfer any of our rights or obligations under any agreement, or in connection with a sale, merger or consolidation of our business or other transfer of our assets, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, or who is otherwise deemed to be our successor or transferee.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or sell information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not use the Sites. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
How to Contact KPDMC