Don’t leave it to chance that search engines will automatically return your website when a search is conducted. Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is a great way to increase your revenue by growing your customer base with patrons who may not have otherwise found your restaurant.
92% of consumers will choose a business on the first page of local search results and 60% of users click on one of the top three search results, which means it’s extremely important to be at the top of results when consumers conduct a search.
Getting started with an SEO strategy can feel intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Use localized keywords in the content on your website pages
- Claim and boost local listings
- Make sure your listings are consistent in online directories
- Solicit reviews
- Create a share-worthy experience to drive social engagement
- Make sure your restaurant website is fast and mobile-friendly
- Optimize your URL structure
- Offer a unique ‘subscribers only’ incentive to increase your email base
There are many factors related to how SEO rankings are calculated, and success is a moving target. But with organic search being a main revenue source for many business owners, it’s worth making the effort to master cost-free SEO as part of your marketing strategy.
We’re changing the way restaurants, bars, hotels, breweries, and cafés hire. Unlike generic job sites, JOTF was created for restaurant people, by restaurant people. JOTF lives online at JOBSONTHEFLY.COM