2009 has been a solid year so far for our organization. Business is on a steady increase and outperforming our sales goals.
Pondering the causes of this growth during a tough economy, I thought back to my professional goals I set for myself on January 1, 2009. Here they are.
- I will identify those in my network of influence (on me) that are negative and impress upon me a non-productive demeanor. I will totally eliminate them from my circle.
- I will attempt to increase the size and more importantly the quality of my network of business partners. I will work my hardest to learn from their experience and offer my participation where appropriate.
- I will schedule my days and weeks to be more fluid, yet more productive.
- I will attempt to face-to-face network more than I did in 2008.
- I will be more cognizant of my personal brand and achieve to sharpen its edges.
Hard Work Means Success
I can honestly say that I am well on the way towards accomplishing each resolution. And even better than that, I can attribute much of JASE’s success this year to the processes I’m living to achieve these goals. So for once in my life, I can say that I’m living up to my New Year’s Resolutions and they’ve not been a total waste of my time to establish them.
– Good thing I didn’t throw in the ‘lose 30 pounds this year’ resolution! – :)
What about you?
How are those resolutions going?