Millennials (62M) will soon pass Baby Boomers (70M) as the largest living population set in the U.S. But reality is, what has become the all-talk-no-action generation turns out to vote the least of any generation set.
#millennial #babyboomer #voter
Here are the facts according to Pew Research Center:
- Silent/Greatest (born 1945 and earlier) – 28 million, 19.6 million voters (70%)
- Baby Boomer (born 1946 to 1964) – 70 million, 48.3 million voters (69%)
- Gen X (born 1965 to 1980) – 57 million, 35.91 million voters (63%)
- Millennial (born 1981 to 1996) – 62 million, 31.62 million voters (51%)
- Post-millennial (born 1997 and after) – 7 million
This is sad. If you’re a millennial, why aren’t you voting? And if you are, why isn’t the millennial next to you voting? One of you is skipping out on your democratic responsibility.
#GenX #PewResearch #KeithParnell #KPInnovationLab