Hampton Roads Transit is hosting two public informational meetings today at noon and 2pm at Prime Plus Norfolk Senior Center to introduce the new paratransit contracted service provider, VIA Transportation, Inc. I will be in attendance to digest conversations and accept constructive input on our paratransit services.
Current Paratransit clients can attend one of the information meetings listed below:
- 1/7/2020 HRT, 3400 Victoria Blvd, Hampton Facility, 4:30 to 6:30 PM
- 1/8/2020 HRT 509 E. 18th Street, Norfolk Facility, 4:30 to 6:30 PM
- 1/16/2020 Prime Plus, 7400 Newport Ave, Norfolk Wellness Center, Noon to 2:00 PM
- 1/16/2020 Norfolk Mayors Committee for Persons with Disabilities 7400 Newport Ave, Norfolk Wellness Center, 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- 1/21/2020 Denbigh Community Center, 15918 Warwick Blvd, Newport News, 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- 1/22/2020 Endependence Center, 6300 E. Virginia Beach Blvd, Norfolk 1:00 to 3:00 PM
Updated information will also include the new VIA app that will be available to assist customers when making reservations, questions, etc. Current certified clients who attend one of these information sessions will receive a ride ticket to use for a future trip on Paratransit. Any questions regarding these information sessions, please call 757/222-6087 Opt #4.
The Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads Paratransit Advisory Committee was formed in 2002 and provides a communication link between the TDCHR, persons with disabilities who use or may use HRT’s services, and service providers to the disabled community on matters related to Paratransit service within HRT’s service area.
“Progressive. Aggressive. Fiscally Responsible.”
Full calendar: gohrt.com
Disclaimer: Keith Parnell was appointed by Virginia’s Governor Terry McAuliffe as the City of Norfolk’s Commissioner to the Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads, the governing body of Hampton Roads Transit. Keith was sworn into office by The Honorable George Schaefer in a ceremony at Norfolk Circuit Courthouse.