If you haven’t yet sent in your RSVP, please do so to firstname.lastname@example.org. HRPTA has a great evening lined up for tonight with cocktails at the piano bar at the Downtown Waterside Marriott and then a chat with Aubrey Lane of the CTB. Come by – let’s talk transportation in Hampton Roads.
HRPTA General Membership Meeting with Guest Speaker, Aubrey Layne of the CTB
Tuesday, March 12th
HRPTA Membership Meeting, 6:00P-7:00P
The Transporation Bill Passed. Where Do We Go From Here?
As a grassroots organization built on improving our region’s economic vitality and competitiveness through improved transit options and smart growth principles, we are excited to announce our next guest speaker for the March 12th general meeting.
Aubrey Layne, with the Commonwealth Transportation Board, will be leading us in conversation on matters of transportation at the state and regional levels. Topics to be discussed will be:
- The new Transportation Bill and its effect on our state of roads, rail, and public transportation
- How did our region fair as opposed to Northern Virginia, Roanoke, Richmond, and the rest?
- Will we be keeping our two regional Amtrak trains?
- What is happening to the price of gas?
- Other questions from membership
Please join us for cocktails and light hors d’oeuvres at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Piano Lounge, Tuesday, March 12th at 5:30PM.
Please RSVP to email@example.com. The event is free to attend.