Sometimes people are confusing. And most times, their habits do not fall in the net of commonsense. Reinforced by the disgusting fact that people would rather talk on their phone than brush their teeth, you need digital marketers like me to research, analyze, and understand your target audience.
Here are a few facts that consumers do with those cell phones (while they should be brushing their teeth):
- 6.5 times more people hang out on Facebook than the population of the entire United States.
- Nearly 75% of Americans check their Facebook timeline.
- 6 new people join Facebook every second of every day.
- People watch 8 billion videos every day on Facebook.
- 45% of Americans hang out on Twitter.
- People send 6,000 tweets every second of every day.
- 500 million tweets are published every day.
- 81% of millennials check their Twitter account every day.
- 500 million people are on Instagram every day.
- People share more than 95 million photos every day.
- 80% of Instagram users follow at least one business profile.
These social media marketing statistics reveal a lesser-known opportunity for your restaurant, transportation organization, medical group, financial firm, and sports organization. With this much daily traffic, brands now have a good shot of reaching potential customers on several social platforms. Let’s get you started today.